CUSTOMISED RESEARCH SERVICES
AntalGenics provides customised R&D services by designing and developing projects according to the client’s needs. We offer the technology and knowledge for both the execution of competitive projects and generating intellectual property rights within the cosmeceutical and pharmaceutical world.
We commit ourselves to develop high quality products and to guarantee their efficacy by providing a well-characterized molecular mechanism of action, validated with specific state-of-the-art techniques for each project. We offer three interconnected platforms to meet the requirements of the entire product development process.
These scientific platforms allow us a full development capacity to deliver high quality active ingredients within the cosmeceutical and pharmaceutical field.
SENSORY NEUROBIOLOGY PLATFORM
At the Sensory Neurobiology platform, we study the activity of neuronal receptors. We combine experimental screening techniques in simplified models with the development of more complex models close to physiological conditions of the skin. For this we have state-of-the-art equipment for monitoring neuronal activity:
- Multielectrode Array System (MEA System) to study neuronal populations.
- Patch clamp to characterise individual cells.
- Imaging and monitoring systems in living cells though different cellular processes like ion flux or neuroexocytosis.
Our models enable us to explore the effect in the entire human skin and to design customised molecules.
Our models give us an insight on:
- Neuronal excitability: The measurement of responses to physical and chemical stimuli in neuronal models.
- Neuronal sensitivity: The induction of a sensitised state in neuronal models to study different conditions with an inflammatory component, and to evaluate the chemical and pollutant sensitization.
- Skin-Neuron interaction: To explore the communication between neurons and skin cells on co-cultures from sensory neurons and different cells of the skin.
- Neurotoxicity: To explore the effects of new active ingredients on cellular viability to evaluate their cytotoxicity.
We study the skin as a complex system made up of different tissues that form the epithelial-immune system-sensory neurons.
MOLECULAR MODELLING PLATFORM
The molecular modelling platform consists of computational design methods to obtain molecular structures by comparison with known molecules.
Our computational analysis include:
- Homology modelling
- Molecular docking
- Molecular dynamics
- Protein design
- Virtual screening
- Protein-protein interaction
- Chemical libraries
- Absortion, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity (ADME-Tox)
The in silico services platform allows innovation in the development of cosmetic, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical ingredients through:
- Design of new compounds depending on the desired effect.
- Characterisation of the activity and claims of new ingredients.
- Repositioning of existing ingredients testing their activity on new targets.
- Characterisation of the physico-chemical and organoleptic properties of compounds.
- Toxicity and bioavailability studies.
The in silico design allows the characterisation of natural ingredients, synthetic origin molecules and peptides with nutraceutical, cosmetic or pharmacological applications.
In silico design is used to virtually test, validate, and optimise candidate molecules as part of the characterisation process.
Once optimized, we select the molecules to be tested in vitro.
HIGH THROUGHPUT SCREENING PLATFORM
Our extensive experience in the automation of techniques for high throughput screening, in combination with our state-of-the-art technologies, allow us to test efficiently thousands of compounds. For this purpose, we have different units dedicated to the evaluation of the functional activity of molecules that include the following functional tests:
- Gene expression characterisation (qPCR, DNA array, miRNA).
- Enzyme assays (Phosphodiesterase, kinases, and phosphatae).
- Immunological assays (Immunofluorescence studies and ELISA).
- Cellular assay (Primary cultures and cell lines)
- Cellular toxicity assay.
To perform the functional characterisation, we design specific tests based on the desired effect. We have equipment designed for high-throughput screenings:
Multimodal microplate reader and IonFlux for automatised electrophysiological characterisation.
IN cell to visualise and study living cells.
The combination of high throughput techniques with computational screening provides new and innovative research methodology in cosmeceutical, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries.